Positive Attitude for lawyers and solicitors is vital.
Attitude comes from the Greek word “Etheos” meaning the God Within.
Sign up to my newsletter before you forget!
We are born with curiosity and enthusiasm. When these qualities are combined with great expectations and persistence we can expect amazing results. 3 year old children ask repeatedly “Why?” to every answer they are given. They are curious, enthusiastic and persistent. And they usually get their way.
A great attitude is infectious. It can affect animals. Horses respond to the jockey’s attitude. Dogs respond to your attitude towards them. And you respond to other people’s attitude towards you. That’s why you’ll tip more in a restaurant where the attitude to service is a positive one and the waitress will earn double the money because of her positive attitude.
Imagine today were your last day on Earth. Do you have a positive enough attitude to make the most of today? You are on a “holiday on Earth” everyday of your existence.
We don’t know much about the mystery of life, where we came from or where we go. The only thing we know is now. And now is how you perceive it. It’s a mental game. And a mental game that you can win or lose. It’s up to you.
“You become what you think.”
If you have a positive attitude you’ll be positive. A negative one and you’ll be negative. You might reflect that most people start the day with a neutral attitude. If it’s a bright and sunny day they might feel a little more on the positive side. And if it’s raining and cold, and they’re late for work and the kids are screaming and there’s heavy traffic.........maybe the day is not going to be a productive one for them.
Do you recognize that your mental attitude, whether it is positive or negative, can be changed at will in one second of time? Your attitude is something over which you exercise control.
How much of your success is down to your attitude? Some of it, all of it?
And how many of you have been on a course or studied how to have a positive attitude?
Reading is fundamental to acquiring a positive attitude because it helps you become self-aware.
Here are four books that you can read that will help. I've mentioned these elsewhere on the site because it's that important.
“How to Win Friends and Influence People” Dale Carnegie
“The Strangest Secret” Earl Nightingale
“Think and Grow Rich” Napoleon Hill
“How To Stop Worrying and Start Living” Dale Carnegie.
You might want to read “The Places You’ll Go” by Dr Seuss, Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach, Le Petit Prince by Antoine St Exupery, The Man Who Planted Trees by Jean Giono, Purple Cow by Seth Godin, From Good To Great by Jim Collins, Selling the Invisible by Harry Beckwith.
Here are some mental munchies about positive attitude.
- If you want to be positive you have to be exposed to positive people and influences.
- You were born to win, but you have to plan to win and prepare to win and expect to win – that’s a saying by famous sales trainer Zig Ziglar.
- You’ll get whatever you want if you help enough people to get whatever they want. Or as Muhammad Ali said, “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
- Make every day as productive as the day before you go on you two week summer holiday.
- Ignore people who say you can’t. They just don’t want to see you get on.
- If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything. That’s a famous quote from your mother.
- Don’t dwell on the problem, seek the solution. Be a winner not a whiner.
- Forgive and forget. Don’t let the past put a break on the future.
- Self talk your way to self-performance. Muhammad Ali said, “I am the greatest” and he’s still saying it
- You become what you think. What are you thinking today?
- What you do away from the job will affect how you do the job.
- You will hear NO 117,637 times in your lifetime - try converting 1000 into a Yes
- Failure is an event – not a person.
- It’s not what happens to you. It’s what you do with what happens to you.
- Strengthen your weaknesses and strengthen your strengths at the same time.
- Every crisis represents an opportunity. For every problem there’s a profitable solution.
- Hard work brings luck.
- How many of your problems are cured by 5 thousand pounds? If you can think your problems away you can attitude your problems away.
- It ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it.
- Watch less TV. Read books and listen to tapes about how you can work on your own positive attitude.
What determines whether you give your clients great service?
Knowledge, Listening and Attitude.
Your performance, your company, your livelihood depends on your attitude. Practise every day.
You Become What You Think. What Are You Thinking Today?